Think native DSD playback is beyond your budget? The guys at Sonore want you to reconsider that possible misconception. Their new Sonore/exD unit can man-handle PCM and DSD (over PCM). On the rear, there’s a single asynchronous USB Audio Class 2.0 input – capable of up to 24/192 PCM, DSD64 and DSD128 – as well as balanced and single-ended outputs…all you need to get up and running with native DSD playback. The price? US$1195.
- Ultra low jitter local master clock <3pS
- Compatible with DoP v1 specification
- Custom made USB to DSD and PCM module
- Support for Mac OS X without special driver (10.6 and 10.7), support Audirvana Plus “Direct” and “Integer” modes
- Support for Linux without special driver (Alsa version 1.0.24 or later)
- Support for Windows XP, Vista and Win 7 (32 and 64 bit), driver (WDM and ASIO) will be provided
- Output impedance: Output voltage: 2V Unbalanced, 4V Balanced
- Custom made analog board with capacitor isolated outputs
- Custom made power module with low noise regulators
- Power requirements: 120VAC
- Dimension: 320mm (width) x 70mm (height) x 305mm (depth)
- Weight: 5kg
I assume (?) Sonore will also be making a 240VAC version for export into non-US markets.
Further Information: Sonore